To evolve into a competitive front running team. The Sandown demonstration race in September 2019 showed 10 cars within 1 second. This allows any well run team on a small budget the ability to run competitively based on an affordable yet powerful F1 styled car, thanks for the foresight of Gary and Barry Rogers along with Chris Lambden (all former racers), having low maintenance standardised economical mass produced, fixed with minimal adjustments allowed. Testing is also limited.
The teams philosophy is to introduce potential younger drivers having the skills to become a top class driver. The team have already had its first 5 driver introduction days at Winton 2020.
New Zealander, Jordan Michels was the teams driver for the Australian Grand Prix 2020. Unfortunately due to COVID-19, the event was cancelled Friday however we did get to run the Thursday practise. Michels won the New Zealand Formula 1600 Championship & came second in the Formula Ford New Zealand South Island Series in 2019.
2020/21 Australian Racing Group - S5000 calendar (Due to COVID-19 the calender may be revised)
September 4-5, Sydney Motorsport Park
October 3-4, Sandown
October TBA , Phillip Island
November 12-15, Bathurst
January 24-26, Symmons Plains (4 day event)
- CHASSIS - Carbon composite monocoque – 2018 FIA compliant, produced by Onroak (France) Dimensions Length 4900mm, Width: 1950mm, Wheelbase: 3000mm
- SUSPENSION - Double wishbone, front and rear, Pushrod adjustable ride, front/rear, Front/rear adjustable anti-roll bars JRI three-way adjustable shock absorbers
- STEERING - Rack and pinion, Collapsible steering column
- FIA APPROVALS - 2018 FIA Specification approved items, front crash structure, rear crash structure, side-impact structures, cockpit halo, side and front intrusion panels, 6-point harness, wheel tethers, headrest 2018 FIA-spec extra
- ENGINE - Ford Racing Engine, Motec Fuel-injected 5.2-litre quad-cam 32 Valve V8, flat plane crankshat, de-tuned to run at 8,000 RPM (down from 10,000 RPM) for reliability and longevity by InnoV8 (Brisbane) at minimum Horsepower of 560: Max. Engine Life 2 years before major rebuild with minor maintenance yearly.
- TRANSMISSION - 6-speed sequential transaxle, with pneumatic paddle change made by Hollinger (Australian based company) , includes the bell-housing with integral oil tank. Life expected at 2 - 3 years before a minor rebuild, designed for higher horsepower heavy duty applications;
- WHEELS & TYRES - 15 x 17 inch rear, 15 x 12 inch front wheels Rear tyre: 680/405-15 Front tyre: 570/290-15
- CHASSIS INTEGRATION/DESIGN/DEVELOPMENT/ENGINEERING - developed by ARG / Borland Racing / Gary Rogers Motorsport Melbourne. Majority of components are world class Australian technology.
TECHNICAL PERFORMANCE GUIDANCE
Engineering consultant (F2/F1) Treviso Italy Luigi Zanon;
GENERAL MAINTENANCE AND PREPARATION
Greg Woodrow of GKN Motorsport